Hot & sour noodle soup with king prawns
- 100g udon noodles
- 2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 100g snow peas, trimmed and sliced
- 10 raw king prawns, peeled with tails intact
- ¼ cup coriander
- 2 medium spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, then place in a sieve to drain and run under hot water to rinse and separate the strands. Pour the stock into a medium saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat.
Add the noodles and ginger. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the lime juice, fish sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, half the chilies, the snow peas and prawns.
Simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until the prawns have changed colour and are cooked through. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the remaining chilli, and the coriander and spring onions. Serve with the lime wedges.
Ginger & honey chicken
Combine the sweet chilli and honey. View another one of our delicious healthy...
Quick and easy risotto. Read more from one of our delicious and healthy...