Fresh herb & pasta salad
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 180g pasta (such as fusilli or penne)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 tsp red wine vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 tsp honey
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ medium Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 8 black olives, pitted
- 1 tbs chives, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs basil leaves, roughly chopped
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add the garlic and pasta and cook according to package instructions or until al dente. Drain and reserve the garlic. Place the pasta in a large bowl, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, to make the dressing, place the cooked garlic on a chopping board, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and mash it using a fork.
Transfer the garlic to a small bowl, add the oil, vinegar (or lemon juice) and honey, and mix well. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, olives and herbs to the pasta. Mix to combine.
Drizzle with the dressing and toss gently. Season with pepper and serve.
Warm quinoa salad
Warm healthy salad... Read more from one of our delicious and healthy...
Classic chicken & pasta bake
Spoon the mixture into a medium size baking dish and sprinkle with cheese... Read more from one of our delicious and...
Green renewal juice
Revitalise and renew with this simple drink... Read more from one of our delicious and healthy...