Blueberry & mint salad
- ½ cup dried Beluga lentils
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- Piece of thumb-size ginger, diced
- ½ tsp cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- 1 punnet blueberries
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh herbs (such as mint, parsley, coriander or dill), roughly chopped
- 2 small cucumbers, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs labneh or goat’s cheese (optional)
Place the lentils in a pot and cover with 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 1 minute. Add the cinnamon, blueberries and tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
Place the herbs, lentils, cucumbers and carrots in a bowl and mix. Add the blueberry mixture, along with the oil from the pan, and mix. Season and add a sprinkling of cinnamon. Top with the labneh or goat’s cheese, if using, and serve.
Classic chicken & pasta bake
Spoon the mixture into a medium size baking dish and sprinkle with cheese... Read more from one of our delicious and...
Vietnamese caramel fish
Sweet and spicy Vietnamese fish idea... Read more from one of our delicious and healthy...
Green breakfast eggs
Even healthier eggs... Read more from one of our delicious and healthy...