Blueberry & mint salad
- ½ cup dried Beluga lentils
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- Piece of thumb-size ginger, diced
- ½ tsp cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- 1 punnet blueberries
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh herbs (such as mint, parsley, coriander or dill), roughly chopped
- 2 small cucumbers, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs labneh or goat’s cheese (optional)
Place the lentils in a pot and cover with 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 1 minute. Add the cinnamon, blueberries and tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
Place the herbs, lentils, cucumbers and carrots in a bowl and mix. Add the blueberry mixture, along with the oil from the pan, and mix. Season and add a sprinkling of cinnamon. Top with the labneh or goat’s cheese, if using, and serve.
Carrot, apple & ginger green smoothie
Easy smoothie made even easier... Read more from one of our delicious and healthy...
Pork, baby corn & broccoli stir-fry
Simple stir fry to try... Read more from one of our delicious and healthy...
Warm quinoa salad
Warm healthy salad... Read more from one of our delicious and healthy...