Simple ways to increase your nutritional intake
Our busy lives can easily get in the way of good nutrition. Between balancing work, school, errands, social events and family, it may be difficult to find the time or energy to eat healthily. But there are simple ways to help increase your nutritional intake on a daily basis so you can perform at your best such as:
- Start your day with a healthy smoothie – Smoothies are ideal for busy people. You can blend a variety of healthy ingredients into a smoothie including berries, bananas, yoghurt and even spinach and kale which will help your body prepare for the day ahead. Not only will you be eating breakfast every day but you’ll also be giving your body a considerable dose of important nutrients.
- Keep a trail mix on hand – Dried fruit, raw nuts and seeds are all good sources of vitamins and minerals that can be kept in your desk drawer or car for a nourishing snack option.
- Add color to your dinner plate – For many people, dinner is the meal where corners are cut especially after a long day, but there are easy ways to boost the nutritional content of this meal. Different colored vegetables provide your body with a unique profile of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, so try adding at least three different hues to your meals.
- Freeze ahead – Freeze healthy soups, casseroles or leftovers to have on hand when the idea of cooking is the last thing you feel like doing.
- Store and prepare food properly – How you store and prepare food can affect its nutritional content. Try steaming or stir‐frying vegetables rather than boiling them to help retain nutrients. It is also important to eat fresh fruit and vegetables as soon as possible because the longer they are stored, the less nutritious they’ll become.
- Consider a superfood powder blend – Superfoods are packed with important vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients (plant nutrients). Blends of superfoods are available as convenient powders which can be mixed in with your favorite drinks, used to enhance smoothies, sprinkled over your cereal or yoghurt, and mixed into sauces for a daily nutrient boost.
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
Published December 2, 2014
Tips to strengthen the immune system
Your immune system is an important component of maintaining overall good...
Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy BPH
Benign prostatic hypertrophy or BPH is a common condition that affects the majority of men as they...
Seven simple steps to maintain bone health
Here are several things you can do on a daily basis to help you on the road to better bone...