Libido boosters for women
A low libido is a complaint among women of all ages and can be caused by a complex interaction of factors. Daily stress, the demands of work and home life, low self‐esteem and relationship issues can all affect a woman’s desire for intimacy.1 The hormonal, physical and emotional changes associated with pregnancy and menopause may also play a part.1 Certain lifestyle changes may make a positive difference in some cases:
- Exercise – Regular cardiovascular exercise and strength training can increase stamina, improve body image, elevate mood and boost libido in women.1
- Stress less – If daily stress is a contributing factor, incorporate stress management techniques into your routine such as yoga, deep breathing, meditation or tai chi. Stress management is highly individualized so it’s important to find a technique that works best for you. Certain herbs and nutrients such as rhodiola and high strength B vitamins may also help your body adapt during periods of elevated stress and improve your stamina, energy and endurance.
- Schedule it in – Sometimes making a priority for intimacy can help you get back on track.1
- Make healthier food choices – Nourishing your body with healthy food, reducing your intake of junk food and excessive alcohol, and avoiding overeating, can help you to look and feel better about yourself, consequently improving your libido.
- Eat chocolate – Long touted as an aphrodisiac, chocolate contains certain compounds that affect serotonin levels in the brain and help induce pleasurable sensations.2 A few pieces of raw or dark chocolate are a healthy choice.
- Try Maca – It’s a herb that has traditionally been used as an aphrodisiac, to relieve stress and enhance fertility in both men and women.3
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
Published February 25, 2015
Why kids need Omega-3
During childhood, the brain and nervous system undergoes rapid growth and...
Lactium is an alpha-casozepine enriched hydrolysed milk protein, which basically means that it is a special extract...
Soft drinks and your health
With the high levels of sugar in every glass of fizzy, this could be a real concern for both men's health and women's...