Libido boosters for men
Published April 13, 2014
It’s not a topic that men generally want to talk about, especially with their partners, but a lack of libido is a common occurrence that can affect men at any age. In fact, it’s estimated that one in five men will experience a diminished sex drive at some stage in their life.1 A lowered libido can be caused by a medical condition or a side effect of certain medicines, which will need to be addressed by a GP, but for some men, it can be helped with simple lifestyle changes, and herbal or nutritional support.
To help revive your libido:
- Exercise – Regular exercise can increase energy levels, reduce stress and boost circulation which can all impact on a man’s libido. Keep in mind that too much exercise can have the reverse effect.2
- Include stress‐management techniques – Researchers have found that stress hormones can lower sexual desire and response,2 so it’s important to incorporate stress‐management and relaxation techniques into your routine. Along with exercise, consider yoga, meditation, deep breathing or tai chi.
- Increase your zinc intake – There is a reason oysters are renowned for their aphrodisiac properties and that’s because they are full of the mineral zinc. Zinc helps to balance and support male physiology and function and helps to maintain normal testosterone levels. Besides oysters, zinc is also found in beef, crab, pork, chickpeas, kidney beans and almonds.3 It’s also available in a supplement form to help increase your dietary intake.
- Consider Tribulus terrestris – Tribulus is a herb traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine to support normal and healthy sexual function.
- Consider Panax ginseng – Panax ginseng helps to relieve fatigue, maintains physical and mental performance, assists stamina and endurance, is beneficial during times of stress and helps to support libido in men.
- Consume Maca – Maca is a root vegetable that’s grown in the highlands of the Peruvian Andes and is traditionally used as an aphrodisiac and to relieve stress.4 It can be found in powder form in most health food stores and can be added to smoothies or mixed in with muesli.
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
Essential vitamins and minerals for your bones
They each have an individual role to play but all help keep our bones standing strong for...
Importance of stretching after exercise
While most people who look after their health are mindful of stretching prior to a workout, there are many of us who...
Libido boosters for women
A low libido is a complaint among women of all ages and can be caused by a complex interaction of...