Best superfoods to boost energy
Published December 1, 2014
As busy people with overscheduled and stressful lifestyles, it’s no wonder that many of us feel a little drained from time to time. But in combination with exercise, stress management and an overall healthy diet, superfoods may play a role in re‐energizing our bodies by delivering important vitamins and minerals. The best superfoods to support energy include:
- Spirulina – Spirulina is a superfood that’s rich in nutrients that may help revitalize your natural energy levels. It contains up to 70% protein as well as B‐complex vitamins, beta‐carotene, chlorophyll, vitamin E and various minerals. Protein is an important source of steady and sustained energy and most of the B vitamins are involved in converting energy from the food we eat into usable energy for the body’s cells.
- Chia – Chia seeds were known as ‘running food’ by the ancient Aztecs and were reputedly consumed by Aztec messengers to sustain energy. Chia is naturally rich in omega 3 fatty acids, dietary fiber, protein and various vitamins and minerals.
- Barley grass – Barley grass is a source of vitamin B1, B2, B5, B6 and B12, iron and magnesium as well as various other important nutrients. Most of these nutrients are involved in the production of energy in the body.
- Acai berries – Acai berries are rich in antioxidants known as anthocyanins and contain varying levels of protein, calcium, phosphorus, iron and vitamin B1. Vitamin B1 plays a role in the releasing energy from the food we eat and converting it into adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the form of energy used by the body’s cells, and iron is also required for efficient energy production.
- Superfood whole grains – Including various organic whole grains in your daily diet, such as oat bran, millet, quinoa, amaranth and buckwheat, may provide your body with a source of sustained natural energy to help you get through your busy days.
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
Signs of a Healthy Digestive System
A well‐functioning digestive system is a critical determinant of good...
Quick ways to boost your energy
Even mild dehydration can impact on how our mind and body performs and can affect our mood, energy levels and ability...
Ageing and osteoporosis: how seniors can protect their bones
Osteoporosis doesn’t need to be a natural consequence of aging; there are many ways you can support bone health as...