Signs and symptoms you might need a detox
Published May 6, 2014
In a world full of processed food, chemicals and pollutants, it’s virtually impossible to avoid being exposed to toxins. Whilst our bodies are naturally designed to eliminate these, sometimes it could use a little help. You can do this by following a detox plan for a set number of days, or by simply including sensible detox habits, such as eating organic fruit and vegetables, into your everyday life.
If you’re experiencing any of the following signs and symptoms, it might be a good time to think about detoxing which may help you to feel and perform at your best.
- Low energy – If you have a hard time getting up in the morning or find it difficult to get through the afternoon without a sugar or caffeine boost, then you may benefit from a doing a detox for two reasons. One is that detoxing helps break habits and gets you back on a healthy eating track. Secondly, as you consume lots of whole foods rich in vitamin and minerals, your energy levels should improve, eliminating the need for sugar and caffeine.
- Sluggish digestion – If your bowel movements are irregular or you experience symptoms of indigestion such as gas or bloating, you may benefit from improving the efficiency of your digestive system with extra fiber from plant based food such as fruit, vegetables, grains, and nuts and seeds.
- White tongue coating – Naturopaths, and traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic practitioners believe the tongue can reveal important clues about what’s going on in the body. A thick white tongue coating is usually thought to reflect that digestive function is a little sluggish and might need some assistance.
- Lack luster or congested skin – If your diet isn’t providing your body with the vitamins and minerals that it needs or you’ve been burning the candle at both ends, it can take its toll on your skin and hair. A detox program can help you clean up your diet and adopt healthier habits to improve how you look and feel.
- Bad breath – If improving your oral hygiene doesn’t address resolve the bad breath then it might stem from poor digestive health, a build‐up of toxins or not drinking enough water.1 This can be addressed by a well thought out detox program.
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
How a healthy liver can help you
To take care of your liver and reduce the risk of liver...
What is the impact of sugar on your health?
To maintain good health, a little sugar may be ok, but too much can be...
Top five sleep remedies
Many of us are not getting enough sleep which is probably a consequence of scrambling to meet the countless demands of...