Benefits of Nature’s OwnTM Liver Tonic
Published June 16, 2017
Nature’s Own™ Liver Tonic contains milk thistle (Silybum marianum), a herb recognised for its effects on liver health and function. According to traditional use and modern research, milk thistle may support this important organ by:
- Enhancing normal liver function – The liver plays a number of crucial roles in the body. It acts as a filter, helping remove chemicals and toxins, assists in the production of bile, which is required for normal fat digestion and helps to process food nutrients.1
- Improving liver detoxification capacity – One of the liver’s main roles is as a cleanser and filter of the bloodstream. It breaks down or transforms potentially harmful substances such as ammonia, metabolic waste, and chemicals that enter the blood, which enables them to be excreted safely. Nature’s Own™ Liver Tonic with milk thistle may help to support the liver’s detoxification processes.
- Maintaining liver regeneration – The liver is a unique organ that can regenerate itself by replacing damaged tissue with new cells. Milk thistle is credited to support this function through various effects.
- Protecting liver cells – Milk thistle has hepatoprotective properties, which simply means that it helps to protect the cells of the liver from injury. Although the liver is highly resilient, it comes into contact with various harmful substances on a daily basis and may need some extra support.
- Providing antioxidant effects – Molecules called flavonoids found in milk thistle, such as silymarin and silybin, have been found to have antioxidant properties and help to reduce damaging free‐radical.2
Nature’s Own™ Liver Tonic tablets contain Milk Thistle standardized extract equivalent to 7000mg of dry fruit and 76mg of flavanolignans calculated as Silybin, per tablet. Silybin is believed to be responsible for many of milk thistle’s properties.
Who might benefit from taking Nature’s Own™ Liver Tonic?
Nature’s Own™ Liver Tonic with milk thistle may be suitable for those who wish to take a hepatoprotective herb, which supports regenerations and detoxification of the liver and enhances liver function. It may be especially beneficial as part of a detoxification program. By enhancing liver activities, including the production of bile, Liver Tonic may also be suitable for people having trouble digesting fatty foods.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
What Is Kelp & What Benefits Can It Offer?
Kelp or ‘bladderwrack’ (Fucus vesiculosus) is a type of seaweed that is naturally rich in the trace mineral...
Vitamins and herbs to improve your memory
Do you have trouble remembering where you put your keys? Do you forget appointments, colleagues’ names or even why...