Benefits of grapeseed
Published December 1, 2014
Grape seeds and other grape products have been highly regarded for their medicinal benefits since ancient times. Today, grapeseed extract is used for a variety of purposes and has been found to have a number of health benefits including:
- Provides anti‐oxidant protection – Grapeseed is a rich source of compounds known as oligomeric proanthocyanins (OPCs), which have potent antioxidant activity and may therefore help protect the body from free radical damage that results in premature aging.
- Grapeseed also has the ability to work in synergy with other antioxidants such as vitamins C and E, selenium and carotenoids.
- Supports skin elasticity and flexibility – Components of grapeseed help collagen fibres to cross link. This strengthens collagen, and helps support skin elasticity and appearance.
- Assists in the management of varicose veins and spider veins – Grapeseed extract helps strengthen capillaries, thereby minimising the risk of spider veins. Venous (vein) function and tone are also improved which aids in the management of varicose veins.
- Supports vision – By helping strengthen capillaries, grapeseed may assist the health of the retina, thus supporting vision. In clinical trials studying grapeseed, improvements in the eye’s ability to adapt to changes in light intensity have been observed.
- Maintains heart health – Grapeseed improves blood circulation and inhibits the oxidation of LDL cholesterol (undesirable cholesterol) which is beneficial to heart health.
Grapeseed and supplementation
Grapeseed is available as a high strength extract for heart and circulation support or as a key ingredient in some multivitamins for additional antioxidant benefits.
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
Benefits of grapeseed
Grape seeds and other grape products have been highly regarded for their medicinal benefits since ancient...
Why do I feel so jumpy and irritated?
Sometimes you may feel a little out of sorts but cannot quite put your finger on...
Boost energy levels naturally
Most of us are familiar with the feeling of fatigue or at least mid‐afternoon energy...