Supplements to assist with detoxing
Detoxing is the body’s natural process of eliminating chemicals and toxins that we breathe in, consume or produce in the body as part of normal cell reactions. Sources of toxins include pesticides, additives in food, secondary smoke and heavy metals. Detoxification involves numerous organs, particularly the liver, which is the hub of detoxification, as well as the digestive organs, kidneys and skin. While our bodies do an amazing job at removing harmful substances, with today’s increasing toxic challenges you may benefit from some extra support.
If you’re considering a supplement to assist with detoxification, look for the following ingredients:
- Milk thistle – A herbal liver tonic that helps protect and regenerate liver cells. Milk thistle also supports detoxification processes and assists normal liver function. Look for a high strength milk thistle product that contains a standardised amount of silybin, the constituent responsible for many of its health effects.
- Schizandra – A herb traditionally used in Chinese herbal medicine to aid the detoxifying capacity of the liver and to assist liver, kidney and digestive function. It also has antioxidant properties and may help increase the body’s resistance to stress.
- Globe Artichoke – A liver tonic that enhances detoxification processes and liver function, and also helps maintain healthy digestion. Globe artichoke stimulates the liver to increase the output of bile, which is necessary for the breakdown of dietary fats and helps carry toxins to the large intestine for elimination.
- Dandelion Root – A herbal liver tonic that aids digestion and helps improve bile flow.
- Taurine – An amino acid that may have antioxidant and detoxification properties.
- Lecithin – A natural source of phosphatidylcholine, which is an important component of bile and required for normal liver function.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. Consult your healthcare professional if symptoms persist. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
Published May 5, 2014
The Benefits of Focus & Perform Vitamins
Nature’s Own™ Focus & Perform may also increase concentration, attention accuracy and enhance...