Superfoods to support detoxing
Published August 15, 2014
To help your body remove toxins, chemicals and other harmful substances that we encounter on a regular basis, consider consuming the following superfoods as they may support the natural detox process in various ways.
- Chlorophyll – While not technically a “food”, chlorophyll is the green pigment that gives plants and algae their green color. Chlorophyll may help improve the function of detoxification pathways and aid in the removal of various toxins via the liver. It may also help alleviate body odors.
- Dark green leafy vegetables ‐ Chlorophyll can be obtained from green leafy vegetables such as broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage and spinach.1
- Spirulina – This superfood is a natural source of chlorophyll, and may have similar cleansing effects. It’s also rich in B‐complex vitamins and amino acids, which are required for normal liver function,2 the key organ involved in the detoxification processes.
- Wheatgrass –This juice bar regular contains amino acids, minerals, vitamins, over 30 enzymes and around 70% chlorophyll and may therefore support digestion and general detoxification of the body.3
- Chlorella – This single cell green algae is naturally rich in chlorophyll,4 and may therefore help support detoxing.
- Alfalfa – Alfalfa has extremely high nutritive value and is a valuable source of chlorophyll.
- Chia – Chia seeds are high in dietary fiber,5 which encourages the passage of waste and toxins through the digestive system.
- Beetroot – Beetroots are full of beneficial substances including betaine, which is involved in liver function.6
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
Health benefits of hops
Due to its relaxing and sleep promoting effects, hops may benefit men and women who are experiencing sleeplessness or...
The skinny on Bikram yoga
What makes this style unique is the series of 26 postures involved....
Simple ways to increase your nutritional intake
There are simple ways to help increase your nutritional intake on a daily basis so you can perform at your best such...