How a healthy liver can help you
Published May 29, 2014
A strong working liver is vital for good health. The liver is responsible for a host of essential body functions and plays important roles in digestion and nutrient absorption, and in regulating metabolism.1 It’s also the primary organ involved in the breakdown of toxins.
How do I know if my liver is functioning properly?
The liver is a silent organ that works continuously as we go about our daily lives, filtering the blood and producing important substances. You’re unlikely to notice your liver’s health until something goes wrong. If your liver is functioning as it should be, you may have good energy levels and an overall sense of well-being.
To take care of your liver and reduce the risk of liver problems:
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, preferably organic.
- Drink adequate amounts of water.
- Increase your intake of fibre from fruits and vegetables, whole grains and legumes.
- Exercise regularly2.
- Limit the amount of alcohol you drink as it can damage liver cells2.
- Manage your medicines by following dosage instructions and talking to your doctor or pharmacist regularly about what you’re taking2.
- Limit direct contact with toxins and chemicals from household cleaning products, insecticides and cigarettes2.
- Consider a liver health supplement with ingredients such as milk thistle, schisandra, dandelion and taurine to support normal liver function and assist detoxification processes.
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
Ways to minimize cramping and muscle pain so you can get on with life
If you’ve ever had a muscle cramp you will know how painful they can be and how even a slight twitch can stop you in...
How can I relieve my digestive problems?
Digestive complaints such as bloating and indigestion are common and usually manageable with diet and lifestyle...
Omega-3 rich foods you should be eating
To obtain enough omega-3 needed for good heart and general health, ensure you eat two to three servings of oily fish...