How a healthy liver can help you
A strong working liver is vital for good health. The liver is responsible for a host of essential body functions and plays important roles in digestion and nutrient absorption, and in regulating metabolism.1 It’s also the primary organ involved in the breakdown of toxins.
How do I know if my liver is functioning properly?
The liver is a silent organ that works continuously as we go about our daily lives, filtering the blood and producing important substances. You’re unlikely to notice your liver’s health until something goes wrong. If your liver is functioning as it should be, you may have good energy levels and an overall sense of well-being.
To take care of your liver and reduce the risk of liver problems:
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, preferably organic.
- Drink adequate amounts of water.
- Increase your intake of fibre from fruits and vegetables, whole grains and legumes.
- Exercise regularly2.
- Limit the amount of alcohol you drink as it can damage liver cells2.
- Manage your medicines by following dosage instructions and talking to your doctor or pharmacist regularly about what you’re taking2.
- Limit direct contact with toxins and chemicals from household cleaning products, insecticides and cigarettes2.
- Consider a liver health supplement with ingredients such as milk thistle, schisandra, dandelion and taurine to support normal liver function and assist detoxification processes.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. Consult your healthcare professional if symptoms persist. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
Published May 29, 2014
Essential vitamins and minerals for women
Women have special nutritional needs, especially during the menstruating years and during pregnancy, lactation and...
The Effects of Exercise on Bones & Muscles
Physical inactivity can lead to many health problems and affect the state of our bones and...
Seven simple steps to maintain bone health
Here are several things you can do on a daily basis to help you on the road to better bone...