Health benefits of chlorophyll and spirulina
Published August 4, 2014
Chlorophyll and spirulina are two of the world’s most recognised green superfoods that may support the body in a number of ways including:
- Helps to cleanse and detoxify – Chlorophyll is the pigment that gives plants and algae their green color. It may assist in detoxification and removal of various toxins via the liver. Spirulina is a natural source of chlorophyll.
- Helps to alleviate body odors – Chlorophyll may act as a deodorizing agent to help alleviate body odors.
- Alkalises the body – Supergreens such as chlorophyll and spirulina are believed to have an alkalising effect on the body. According to the theory of the pH diet, consuming alkaline foods can help maintain the ideal alkaline environment of the body and help it function at its best.1 Conversely, consuming a majority of acidic foods is believed to contribute to a number of health problems.1
- Delivers a healthy dose of nutrients – Spirulina is a naturally rich source of nutrients containing up to 70% protein, as well as B‐complex vitamins, chlorophyll, betacarotene, vitamin E and numerous minerals. Chlorophyll is one of the best sources of vitamin K1.
- Provides antioxidant protection – Chlorophyll has antioxidant properties and the plant nutrient phycocyanin, found in spirulina, is a potent free radical scavenger. Both may play a role in protecting cells from damage due to free radicals.
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
Impact of exercise on bones and muscles
Along with adequate calcium intake and normal vitamin D levels, physical activity is essential for supporting bone...
How herbs can help you sleep better
Most of us have at some time spent a night wide awake and willing for sleep to come. Help is at...
Milk thistle for natural liver support
Milk thistle (Silybum marianum), also known as St. Mary's thistle, has been used for over 2,000 years as a herbal...