There are many reasons why you might be lacking energy. It could simply be the result of a stressful situation or recent physical exertion. Others reasons may include:
- Insomnia – a condition that prevents you getting adequate sleep.
- Nutritional deficiency – caused by a lack of vital vitamins and minerals in your diet e.g. low iron levels.
- Boredom – yes even boredom can cause fatigue.
Symptoms of fatigue
- Lack of physical energy
- Poor concentration
How to manage tiredness
By leading a healthy lifestyle, you can help maintain high energy levels.
- Being active raises energy levels, supports healthy blood pressure and reduces stress.
- Relaxation techniques can keep you feeling energized.
- Keep meals small, but regular, to maintain blood sugar and insulin levels.
- After a short-term boost, coffee and sugar actually make energy levels drop.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Drink water first thing in the morning – and stay hydrated.
- Don’t smoke, as it reduces oxygen in your blood.
- Eat fresh, unprocessed food and don’t skip breakfast.
- Maintain a good vitamin and mineral intake.
Certain vitamins and minerals can help boost your energy levels. But if you have long-term fatigue, you should consult a doctor to make sure there’s no underlying medical issue.
Most B vitamins are involved in converting food into energy. Levels of these vital vitamins can be lowered by tea, coffee and alcohol.
Vitamin B1 is essential for the breakdown of glucose, the brains main source of energy. It also helps improve memory, mood and attention.
Vitamin B5 is essential for the production of adrenal hormones, helping the body cope with stress and produce energy.
This mineral supports the metabolism of sugar into energy and plays a part in enzyme activity that creates energy in the body’s cells. Stress and people who exercise regularly and strenuously may require additional magnesium.
Co-enzyme Q10 is needed by all cells of the body to produce energy. It’s particularly concentrated in the muscles that use the most energy e.g. skeletal muscles and the heart.
Iron is necessary for the formation of hemoglobin that transports oxygen around the body to the tissues. Low levels of this important mineral can produce symptoms like fatigue and a feeling of reduced endurance during exercise.
Korean Ginseng is traditionally used in Chinese herbal medicine to help reduce fatigue and debility. It also has a calming action on the nerves that makes it helpful for relieving stress. Korean ginseng helps to increase endurance and stamina.
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
Published November 20, 2012
Symptoms of indigestion and digestive problems
Problems of the digestive tract may include one or more of the following...
The benefits of a combined day and night multivitamin for men
Every day our bodies carry out specific functions that are necessary for everyday health, and it requires vitamins,...