Benefits of chlorella
Published August 14, 2014
Chlorella is a type of single‐cell green algae that has been considered a ‘superfood’ since the 1940’s.1 It’s a good source of several vitamins, minerals and other plant nutrients required by the body and may be a valuable addition to a balanced diet. Benefits of chlorella include:
- A source of beneficial fats – Chlorella contains substantial amounts of lipids including polyunsaturated fatty acids,1 which cannot be made in the body therefore must be consumed through the diet.
- Naturally rich in vitamins and minerals – Chlorella is a good source of vitamin K, vitamin B12, carotenoids and various minerals.1
- Rich in chlorophyll1 ‐ This green pigment not only gives chlorella its colour, it also contributes to detoxification.
- Good source of protein – Chlorella may be a valuable source of amino acids,1 the building blocks of protein.
- Antioxidant effects – Chlorella has shown antioxidant activity in in vitro trials.1
How to include chlorella in your diet
While chlorella is not a traditional food like milk or bread, it can be included in the daily diet via supplements in powder or tablet form. Chlorella powder may be combined with other “supergreens” including spirulina, wheat grass and alfalfa, and added to water, juice or smoothies for a daily nutritional boost.
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
Cold and Flu
No matter how healthy you are, it’s very likely that you will get a cold or flu at some...
Seven simple steps to maintain bone health
Here are several things you can do on a daily basis to help you on the road to better bone...
Why do I feel so jumpy and irritated?
Sometimes you may feel a little out of sorts but cannot quite put your finger on...