Benefits of chlorella
Chlorella is a type of single‐cell green algae that has been considered a ‘superfood’ since the 1940’s.1 It’s a good source of several vitamins, minerals and other plant nutrients required by the body and may be a valuable addition to a balanced diet. Benefits of chlorella include:
- A source of beneficial fats – Chlorella contains substantial amounts of lipids including polyunsaturated fatty acids,1 which cannot be made in the body therefore must be consumed through the diet.
- Naturally rich in vitamins and minerals – Chlorella is a good source of vitamin K, vitamin B12, carotenoids and various minerals.1
- Rich in chlorophyll1 ‐ This green pigment not only gives chlorella its colour, it also contributes to detoxification.
- Good source of protein – Chlorella may be a valuable source of amino acids,1 the building blocks of protein.
- Antioxidant effects – Chlorella has shown antioxidant activity in in vitro trials.1
How to include chlorella in your diet
While chlorella is not a traditional food like milk or bread, it can be included in the daily diet via supplements in powder or tablet form. Chlorella powder may be combined with other “supergreens” including spirulina, wheat grass and alfalfa, and added to water, juice or smoothies for a daily nutritional boost.
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
Published August 14, 2014
Essential vitamins and minerals for your bones
They each have an individual role to play but all help keep our bones standing strong for...
Tips to strengthen the immune system
Your immune system is an important component of maintaining overall good...
Five huge health benefits from eating magnesium rich foods
Good dietary wholefood sources of magnesium...