Quick ways to boost your energy
Published January 30, 2014
- Drink more water – Even mild dehydration can impact on how our mind and body performs and can affect our mood, energy levels and ability to think clearly. 1 To start the day off well hydrated drink a glass of water first thing in the morning and keep a bottle of water with you to sip on throughout the day. Include slices of lemon, lime or grapefruit, or mint leaves for added interest.
- Get moving – It seems counterintuitive, but researchers have found that expending energy by exercising can in fact increase our energy in the long run. 2 Each morning, rather than hitting the snooze button do some physical activity or go for a brisk walk at lunchtime.
- Expose yourself to bright light – Sunlight that is, not the fluoro lights of the office or the light emanating from your laptop. Exposing yourself to bright natural light first thing on waking can help set your body clock and have you feeling more awake and alert.
- Have a power shower – At the end of a shower blast yourself with cold water to increase circulation and really wake your body up.
- Eat for energy – Give your body a steady supply of nutrients by eating small meals and snacks every few hours. Consume foods that have a low‐glycaemic index whose sugar content will be absorbed more slowly, providing a more steady release of energy. Healthy food choices include whole grains for example oats, brown rice, quinoa and rye plus nuts and seeds, plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and lean sources of protein such as fish, eggs, turkey or chicken.
- Improve your sleeping habits – Go to bed and wake up at the same time each day even on weekends, allow an hour to wind down before bed, avoid bringing your phone or laptop into the bedroom and ensure your sleeping quarters are cool, dark and comfortable.
- Take an “on the go” energy supplement – The natural ingredients guarana and CoQ10 may help build your body’s energy reserves and assist stamina and endurance to help you feel and perform at your best.
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
Why do I wake up feeling tired?
Light and darkness are powerful guides for your body, telling you when to wake and when to rest....
Just as a young woman must adapt to the changes of puberty, menopause is simply another stage in our body’s natural...
Supplements to assist with detoxing
While our bodies do an amazing job at removing harmful substances, with today’s increasing toxic challenges you may...