Boost energy levels naturally
Published March 14, 2014
Most of us are familiar with the feeling of fatigue or at least mid‐afternoon energy slumps. When we lack energy, it may be lifestyle‐related such as lack of sleep, poor diet or inactivity, due to stress or even boredom. While it can be tempting to drink an espresso or eat sugar‐laden treats to get you through the day, there are much better ways to stay alert and productive. Here are our top energy boosting tips:
- Sleep: Make the necessary changes to ensure you get enough sleep each night. That’s around eight hours a night for most of us.1 Go to bed and wake up at the same time each day even on weekends when possible, allow time to wind down at night and make sure your bedroom is dark, cool and conducive to sleeping.
- De‐stress: Stress can zap our energy reserves so it is important to incorporate stress management techniques into your day – try yoga, meditation, tai chi or deep breathing, find ways to lighten your workload and spend time with people who make you laugh.
- Exercise Regularly: to boost energy, reduce stress and improve overall health and well being. It may also help you sleep more soundly.1
- New Challenges: If you’re bored you might need to do something different; go on a holiday, start a new hobby, learn another language or take on a new responsibility at work.
- Diet: Look closely at your diet. Quick fix processed foods won’t provide your body with the fuel and nutrients it needs to function well so fill your plate with vitamin and mineral rich fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats and fish, legumes, nuts and seeds. Also increase your water intake, as a dehydrated body will function less efficiently.2
- Natural Energy: Consider a natural dietary supplement to support energy. You might like to try Nature’s Own™ Executive Performance which contains a complex of B vitamins and herbs such as Korean ginseng. This product may help energy production and support the nervous system which may be beneficial during times of stress. It also supports healthy brain function including concentration, memory and may help maintain normal mood.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. Vitamin and mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
Benefits of berries
Following is a list of common and exotic berries that contain a concentrated blend of nutrients and may contribute to...
Vitamins and minerals to keep the mind sharp
Good nutrition is imperative for normal brain function from a very young age and through every stage of...
The benefits of a combined day and night multivitamin for women
Our bodies work all day long to provide us with energy, eliminate toxins, and repair and rejuvenate...