How a healthy liver can help you
Published May 29, 2014
A strong working liver is vital for good health. The liver is responsible for a host of essential body functions and plays important roles in digestion and nutrient absorption, and in regulating metabolism.1 It’s also the primary organ involved in the breakdown of toxins.
How do I know if my liver is functioning properly?
The liver is a silent organ that works continuously as we go about our daily lives, filtering the blood and producing important substances. You’re unlikely to notice your liver’s health until something goes wrong. If your liver is functioning as it should be, you may have good energy levels and an overall sense of well-being.
To take care of your liver and reduce the risk of liver problems:
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, preferably organic.
- Drink adequate amounts of water.
- Increase your intake of fibre from fruits and vegetables, whole grains and legumes.
- Exercise regularly2.
- Limit the amount of alcohol you drink as it can damage liver cells2.
- Manage your medicines by following dosage instructions and talking to your doctor or pharmacist regularly about what you’re taking2.
- Limit direct contact with toxins and chemicals from household cleaning products, insecticides and cigarettes2.
- Consider a liver health supplement with ingredients such as milk thistle, schisandra, dandelion and taurine to support normal liver function and assist detoxification processes.
Learn about which Nature's Own product may be appropriate for you.SEE THE PRODUCTS HERE
Five ways to boost bone strength
ur bones support our every move, protect our vital organs and act as a storehouse for important...
How eating sugar affects your mood and concentration
How we think and feel can be significantly affected by the types of food we...
Quick health tips for busy people
Exercise helps to increase your fitness, reduce body weight and boost your energy levels and mood....